Bezier to g-code

Welcome to BoardCAD forums Software BoardCAD developers Bezier to g-code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

surfineurope
    Participant

I’m trying to use the Bezier to g-code command, but I can’t figure out how it works. I start BoardCAD, create a new Shortboard, and select g-code – Bezier to gcode. The machine window pops up, but I always get some error at the command line:

Error 1:
    Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at javax.media.j3d.GeometryArrayRetained.createGeometryArrayData(GeometryArrayRetained.java:1639)

This was solved by increasing the heap space using:
    java -Xmx256m -cp jython.jar:jythonconsole.jar:Lib.jar:BoardCAD.jar boardcad.BoardCAD

After that I got the following error:

Error 2:
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Scale X:1.0
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Scale Y:1.0
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Scale Z:1.0
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Cutter file(.stl):/home/bluebottle/flatcutter.stl
    Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.NullPointerException
    at boardcam.cutters.STLCutter.scale(STLCutter.java:161)
    at boardcam.cutters.STLCutter$1.onSettingChanged(STLCutter.java:70)
    at boardcad.Setting.signal(Setting.java:67)

The memory usage kept increasing and after playing around with the settings for a while the computer blocked and I had to reboot.

Next time I started I got the following error (I had now changed from stlcutter to bullnose cutter):

Error 3:
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Bottom rail definition angle:90.0
    Using board settingsException in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.ClassCastException: boardcad.Settings$Enumeration cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
    at boardcad.Settings.getInt(Settings.java:207)
    at boardcad.BoardCAD$43.actionPerformed(BoardCAD.java:3204)

Changing back to stlcutter gave the following error:

Error 4:
    Cutter Setting changed
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Scale X:1.0
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Scale Y:1.0
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Scale Z:1.0
    Settings::getPreferences() setting:Cutter file(.stl):/home/bluebottle/flatcutter.stl
    Exception in Machine3Dview::setCutterModel(): javax.media.j3d.RestrictedAccessException: Group: only a BranchGroup node may be added

Any settings that are known to work?

/Jonas

Anonymous

Hmmm, I might not have tested with stl cutter lately. I’ll test it and see where it goes wrong. Another problem might be that I already have settings in the registry, I’ll try scratching it to see how it works first time around.

surfineurope
    Participant

I finally managed to generate some g-code. I had to increase the heap space to 512 MB which makes my computer super slow. I really need a faster computer to test it further.

There seems to be a problem with changing settings for the machine supports as they don’t get remembered after restarting BoardCAD.

Also there seems to be some problems with the cutting path near the tail and the nose.

/Jonas

surfineurope
    Participant

I tried to repeat the test with the STLCutter, but I still get Error 2 and 4 above. Also, all the settings were reset so I never tried to generate g-code.

/Jonas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.