Boardcad v3 is not able to open files and other problems

Welcome to BoardCAD forums Software BoardCAD Boardcad v3 is not able to open files and other problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I wont be able to open any of my files after being save, also screen turns black if I try to generate a nurbs to G-code bottom and program wont work anymore, Anyone can Help?

Martymo

@Guerra Shapes wrote:

I wont be able to open any of my files after being save, also screen turns black if I try to generate a nurbs to G-code bottom and program wont work anymore, Anyone can Help?

I too have a problem opening files. Im running on Windows version 3.0.1 and all was working fine. I was playing with various export options but then when selecting File/Open and selecting the appropriate folder, no files appear and everything goes very slowly (65%CPU usage by BoardCAD). The Open window then fails to respond, no files are displayed then it will eventually respond to the close command.

I’ve tried re-installing to no avail. Any ideas?

Cheers,

ExtremelyCassidy
    Participant

Hey guys Kinda looking desperately for a solution here

Unfortunately, I have also run into some problems browsing files. Probably the same problem Martymo has. I do get lucky on some occasions when I happen to have my files in the home directory of “open file window”, which allows me to open the file by typing the filename instead of clicking on it..
    Also, I am sometimes lucky when I right click and refresh after browsing to a folder that appears blank. I have noticed the trouble seems linked to the type of files in the folder – perhaps the file preview feature.

To conclude: the open files window shows no files and becomes significantly unresponsive if there is a board file(s3d file particularly) in the folder.

Hope to provide some grounds to work from in solving the problem.

Thanks Guys!

Im on windows 8 😕

ExtremelyCassidy
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I managed to track down our problem to a single file!
    BoardCAD’s browser has trouble responding and viewing files IF there is an .S3d file that boardCAD has trouble reading. I had a rectangular block made in Shape3D which I hoped to pull into boardCAD to use as a blank. I could not get the file into Boardcad until I eased the outline a bit in Shape3D to make it rounder at the ‘corners’.

I would like to summarise that if (but not limited to) a Shape3d file has a very very rectangular rail- all control points exactly colinear- it fails the BoardCAD open file browser.

Have a sweet day guys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.