Boardcad working with OS X Yosemite and Java 8

Welcome to BoardCAD forums Software BoardCAD Boardcad working with OS X Yosemite and Java 8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

haydenshapes

Hello,

I am trying to get Boardcad working with OS X Yosemite and Java 8. I have made the work around for the security issues with Java 8, and now the program will allow me to open it, but it just opens (but not completely so you see the software) and then closes automatically.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Hayden

jcb

been running with windows 7 for 2 years, been fine.

Get rid of that Mac….

Don’t you guys get board made in thailand?

JB

@haydenshapes wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to get Boardcad working with OS X Yosemite and Java 8. I have made the work around for the security issues with Java 8, and now the program will allow me to open it, but it just opens (but not completely so you see the software) and then closes automatically.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Hayden

I have the same problem. I tried to understand the suggested fix, but I don’t. Any really user friendly guidance on the fix would be appreciated.

JB

surfineurope
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working on creating platform specific installation files. You can download and test the Mac version from:

http://www.boardcad.com/download/BoardCAD_macos_3_0.dmg

/Jonas

Edit: I’ve removed the file in the link above and instead put the installer on SourceForge. Use the button under Download to install BoardCAD.

JB

Well done, Jonas! Opens beautifully. Thank you very much.

Right I’ll have a play and report back. 😀

surfineurope
    Participant

Great, I’m happy it works 🙂

/Jonas

stone67

hi all,

I just installed BoardCAD on my computer is a Mac with OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite, the Java version is the V8 updated 45.
    I can not start BoardCAD, have you any idea what I should do?

Someone can help me ? Thanks

Jean-Marc

stone67

😀

Ok, after several mainpulation on my computer I finally managed to start BoardCAD. Phew … 😳

Now I have no more than to learn to use it. 😆

See you soon

Hawl

Hi Jean-Marc,

What manipulations did you undertake? I also have OS X 10.10.3 with Java V8-45 but have not been successful so far…

Many thanks in advance!
    Chris

philsch

Hi Chris and Jean-Marc

I’m having the same problem, I have OSX 10.10.3 with Java 8-45, when I start BoardCAD a little Window opens for a while and then disappears and the software is never showing.

Does anybody have a little more information on how to solve this?

Thanks
    Philip

stone67

@philsch wrote:

Hi Chris and Jean-Marc

I’m having the same problem, I have OSX 10.10.3 with Java 8-45, when I start BoardCAD a little Window opens for a while and then disappears and the software is never showing.

Thanks
    Philip

Bonjour Philip,

Je vois que tu vient de Suisse, dit-moi si tu est francophone ce sera plus simple pour moi de t’aider à résoudre ton problème.
    La procédure est assez simple pour faire fonctionner BoardCad.

A bientôt
    Jean-Marc

gmshapes

Hello, i have the same problem with Yosemite and Java, and i still work with shape3D.

Can you help me too ?

Gonçalo Martins

Thanks
    Philip[/quote]

Bonjour Philip,

Je vois que tu vient de Suisse, dit-moi si tu est francophone ce sera plus simple pour moi de t’aider à résoudre ton problème.
    La procédure est assez simple pour faire fonctionner BoardCad.

A bientôt
    Jean-Marc[/quote]

stone67

Ok, I’ll try to explain:

– In the Finder menu go to “go” and search computer
    – A window appears, select “Macintosh HD”
    – Go Decomposition Systems -> Library -> Java -> Extension
    – In the folder extansion create a “old” folder and put the files “j3dcore.jar” and “j3dutils.jar”

Close windows, throwing BoardCad and it is gone …

Good fun to you

JM

philsch

Bonjour Jean Marc

Oui je suis de la Suisse mais je ne suis pas francophone, je peu comprendre un petit peu de Français toutefois. Merci beaucoup que tu as pris le temps pour m’expliquer le solution de la problème. Ça marche pour moi maintenant.

Merci infiniment! 🙂

Philip

ps
    if anyone still has the same problem, I’ll happily explain in German or English.

stone67

@philsch wrote:

Bonjour Jean Marc

Ça marche pour moi maintenant.

Merci infiniment! 🙂

Philip

ps
    if anyone still has the same problem, I’ll happily explain in German or English.

Bonjour Philip,

Voila une bonne nouvelle… 😀

Bon si besoin, je m’aide d’un traducteur pour me faire comprendre un peux mieux 😳

Maintenant au travail 8)

A bientôt
    JM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.