Build errors?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sm02463

I’m getting a lot of compiler errors since boardcad was broken into multiple packages. Most of them are related to visibility of private members and such. Is there a simple fix to the build command that I’m missing that can avoid touching the code?

surfineurope
    Participant

Since there are inter-dependencies between the different packages and some classes have changed location, the best thing is to delete all class-files and them compile all packages with a single command:

javac boardcad/*.java board/*.java cadcore/*.java boardcam/*.java

This only has to be done once. After that you should be able to compile single java-classes.

/Jonas

sm02463

Allow me to give an example:

Line 713 BezierBoard.java (rev 307) defines:
    Point3d getSurfacePoint(double x, double s)

It uses the default access modifier which only allows visibilty between classes within the current package, boardcad.

SimpleBullnoseCutter calls BezierBoard.getSurfacePoint() but is now in a different package, boardcam and no long has visibility of the function. There are many cases similar to this that have this problem…

surfineurope
    Participant

Ok, I probably missed to check in some of the files. The problem is that the computer where I do the development is without internet. I checked out the latest version here at work and fixed the dependencies so that it compiles and will have to merge these changes with the ones on my other computer later on. Anyway, you should be able to compile now…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.